Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Cowboy Affair


Well, our Cowboy affair ended just as fast as it began. With Corey's new position came season tickets to the Cowboy games. I have to admit, I was not too excited about going in the beginning. Corey drug me kicking and screaming to the first few but I grew to LOVE the Cowboys! The energy in the stadium is unbelievable! We hardly ever got to sit down!
The purpose of having the tickets is to entertain Corey's clients, so in addition to learning to love football, I also got to work on my personal skills. It is kind of wired knowing that you are going to spend 3-4 hours with people that you don't know and it's your job to carry the conversation and make sure that they are having a good time. Luckily, we had a great time with everyone we took. I got to meet and talk with people who I would have never met if it hadn't been for these tickets. It definitely put me out of my comfort zone but ended up working out great.

Last Saturday was the last game at Texas Stadium. Unfortunately, the Cowboys lost(not as bad as today, but close)!!! They got booed off the field! The Stadium Farewell followed the game. About half of the fans left in disgust before the final farewell began, but we stayed until the end. When would we ever get another chance to do that? NEVER!
Hank Williams Jr. was there, along with legendary Cowboys from the 70's 80's and 90's. A little disappointed in Aikman...he was too busy to attend!

Even though the Cowboys had their ups and downs, it was a great season! Corey's company hasn't made any decisions on getting tickets at the new stadium yet, but we are so glad that we got to live the Cowboy life for a few weeks anyway! Go Cowboys!

1 comment:

Momma Jean said...

What a great memory! Hope you took lots of pictures!