Sunday, March 21, 2010

A New Experience

After the girls got home from my parents house, I was ready to have some Spring Break fun! Corey's grandparents gave me some money to take the girls to Chuck E Cheese, however, I am NOT a fan of the mouse with pizza! I was searching for any alternative...I remembered hearing about a place called Going Bonkers. So Wednesday we loaded up and headed to Lewisville in search of some fun.
Going Bonkers is similar to Chuck E Cheese in that it has an arcade and food(and not just pizza!) However Going Bonkers is not about pizza and games, it is about climbing! The entire place is wall to wall climbing structures! Children, and adults, of all ages can climb, slide, crawl, and zip-line until your arms can't take any more. Yes, I did do my fair share of all of the above! Of course, since it was Spring Break it was a little crowded, but it is really big enough that you don't notice it too bad.
So here is my overview of this new place for all of you that might like to have your own adventure. The cost to get in is very reasonable, $5 for each of my kids(younger ones are less) and $1 for me. I would have to give the climbing structure a 10 for sure! There were lockers that you could lock your stuff up in while you climb and they were only a quarter to rent. It was very clean, even the restrooms. The food was expensive and just okay. There weren't enough tables, since all of the "uncool" parents who didn't climb with their children were sitting at them taking up space. So I had to ask a very nice woman if my 2 girls could squeeze in and borrow 2 chairs long enough to eat their lunch, which she was more than happy to let them do. In the arcade we lost many coins in machines that didn't work but had no out of order sign. We also played several games and walked away with no tickets because the machine was obviously out.
Even though the food and games weren't the best...I would definitely take the kids back! They loved every minute of it and we stayed for 3 hours. What cheap entertainment! I would recommend this place to anyone who has active kids, and let's be honest, they are all active! (Sarah, you MUST take Clayton here! You will be mom of the year!)
Next time we will eat at Chick-fil-a before we go, not play games, and probably take friends with us!
P.S. I took pictures but they are on Makinley's camera and I haven't uploaded them yet...coming soon!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That does sound like it is right up my boy's alley! Thanks for the tips. :)