It all started when Corey found a great overstuffed chair on Craig's list. We got it on Saturday, and it is a fabulous chair!!! Well, when we got it home, of course it didn't match anything in our living room! So what is a girl to do???? Buy a new couch so that it will match! So began the longest week of my life! We shopped all afternoon on Sunday, didn't find anything. Monday night we shopped until 8:30 when I finally called it a night.(helloooo, our kids had to go to school the next day!) While we were at Rooms to Go I found the perfect couch and accent chair. The couch was RED and the chair was striped and had all the colors that I needed to make everything flow. I will admit, it was more that we were planning on spending but it was perfect! They weren't making any deals that night so we left with nothing and I was crushed!
Tuesday night we shopped yet again and found nothing. At this point I realized I wasn't going to find anything that made me as happy as the stuff at Rooms To Go. So I came home and got on Craig's list again just hoping to find that red couch. Well, it wasn't the same one, IT WAS EVEN BETTER! And about $700 cheaper! Corey said that he would go look at it Wednesday night because it was close to his work. Wednesday afternoon I came home, hooked up the trailer to the Expedition, and drove through 6:00 traffic to meet him. (I was very proud of myself for all that trailer stuff!)
So here is my beautiful new couch!
The story doesn't end here my friends! We decided that since we got such a great deal on the couch we would splurge and get the accent chair at Rooms to Go. This was fantastic! So tonight Corey went by there on his way home to purchase said chair. When he tried to pay with a check they suggested that he pay with a credit card. He told them he didn't want to put it on a credit card, he would just write a check and pay for it up front. The salesman told him that if he paid for it with a check it would be 2 weeks before we could pick it up, but if he paid with credit it would be Wednesday?!?!?!? 2 weeks....for a check to clear?!?!? That is ridiculous, I will admit, however, I would have just paid with credit and then come home and paid off the credit card online. But if you know Corey, you know that he DID NOT do that because he had a point to make! He walked out of that store for the second time without my chair! This chair makes the room! He just doesn't understand that! He has been online all night showing me chairs from all over cyberspace, but none are working for me. So, what will I be doing tomorrow? Going back to Rooms To Go again to buy the chair! I will probably go to a different store though....I think the store in Arlington is jinxed!


2 comments:
Very cool! We are in the process of furniture shopping, too. Our shopping consists of mostly looking online. Our tiniest shopper couldn't hang for a full day of the quest for the perfect couch!
I can't believe that they weren't running any good deals in this crumby economy. :( What's up with that?!?!
Glad you got what you wanted - can't wait to see it in person!
How funny! Tell Corey to suck it up and just pay cash...I doubt they'll make you wait then! :)
Good luck getting "the" chair. Guys just don't understand.
Post a Comment