Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Challenge

So, like all of you , I am a blog stalker:) I read people's blogs that I don't know...most of them I have a connection to but some I don't. I began reading a blog written by a girl named Tanna a while back. I do actually have a connection to her, her mom works with me. So anyway, Tanna came up with this Challenge back in the spring. I didn't participate but kept up with many friends that I know who did it. The Challenge is a weight loss, get fit, take control of your body kind of thing. It is a 12 week program and I decided to join in for the summer session. There are guidelines, the hardest of which is the "No Sweets" rule! I didn't realize how big of a sweet tooth I had until I couldn't have anything sweet! However, the fact that it is summer and sweets are everywhere, doesn't help! This week I found sugar free Oreos and I feel like I discovered gold! OMGoodness! They are heaven!

Anyway, everyone in the house is very aware that mom is doing"The Challenge". They know what I can eat and what is a "cheat". (You get 16 cheats for the 12 weeks) Makinley is like the drill Sergeant when it comes to what I eat and if it counts as a cheat! She is constantly on me and asking me how many I have left. Every time I put on my workout clothes, my shorts and a sports bra, she passes by and says, "lookin good Mom"!

Though I am not doing as well as I had hoped, I am making progress. In 6 weeks I have lost 7 lbs, 2 inches in my hips, and 2 1/2 inches in my waist! Not too shabby for a summers work! I have 6 weeks to go and I am kicking it up a notch! We weigh in every other Friday and last Friday I made it to a weight that I haven't seen since before Morgan. I was so excited. This has rejuvenated my spirit to keep going. I have increased my workouts to twice a day so hopefully the next weigh in will be even more fantastic!

The funny thing is tonight the girls and I were drawing on the patio with chalk. We were drawing animals, writing who we loved, and then Makinley says "Mom look..."

I asked what it was. She explained that it was me, Before the Challenge and After the Challenge! I told you she was a sergeant! I do think her before picture is a little exaggerated, but anyway, at least the after is noticeably skinnier!

I am proud of what I have accomplished but I have so much more to do! Thanks Tanna for encouraging us on a daily basis to push ourselves farther than we felt comfortable with! I know with the accountability and the support system that comes with the Challenge, I will know success!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I have just had the hardest night ever and your post made me smile so big!!! Thank you!

I think it is SO awesome that your little girl helps you out, wow :) I would love that.

For just six weeks, you have done amazing and I am so proud of you! You are very welcome, and I am so glad you are a part of it!! Tanna

Sarah said...

7 pounds in 6 weeks is awesome! Good job!

I am cracking up at Makinley's "encouragement". So funny! Maybe she is the next Jillian Michaels - Ha! When she is finished training you, send her to my house. ;)

Kristi said...

That is too cute!! Keep up the good work!