Thursday, August 13, 2009

This Week's Accomplishments

I know it has been a while since I last blogged....I have been trying soak up my last days of summer! This week has been full of excitement for everyone in the Eddlemon household!
First off, on Wednesday, the girls and I went to Lakeshore to see if there was anything that I NEEDED for school:) Of course I did, but I was also in the market for some quality books that I could work on with Morgan. I bought a box of 30 kindergarten beginner books. Now you should know that I am very picky when it comes to books that I use to teach someone to read. The ones that I found do have pictures for the nouns in the sentences, which I wasn't thrilled about, however they were the best option. We came home on Wednesday and I gave Morgan one of the books, we talked about the pictures, and then I read the first page. I told her to try and read the rest, and she did! She read the rest of the book! Now, my plan was to give her a new book everyday...3 books later, I stopped her for the day! I couldn't let her go through the whole box the first day! What then? So, needless to say, Morgan is doing really great reading her new books. Here is a sample: (Oh for all my Reading Recovery friends out there, notice she self-corrects on the page with the chickens!!!!! A reading teacher's dream!)


Wednesday was also a great day for Corey. He has been anticipating a HUGE contract for several months now and it finally came in! He has 1 month before he has to set 180 pieces of equipment at this new, undisclosed, location! That means that he has to walk the property, order the machines, get them delivered to his warehouse, prep them, load them, and then set them all by Sept. 13. This was great news! Corey is so good at what he does and I am in awe of what he accomplishes on a daily basis. Way to go honey!

On to Makinley... She has been taking golf lessons all summer with Manny at Prairie Lakes. She really enjoys it and even went to "golf camp" for 3 days at Holly Lake. She and Manny have become pretty good buddies and she begs each week to go. I always ask how her lesson was and she always says, "fine, but my putting is off". (Sometimes Makinley will give you more info than you want to know but other times, you get nothing!) So today I asked her again, but today she responded, "Mom, I hit the best drive ever!" She was so passionate about it! It was like she was watching the replay in her head as she told me! I said, " really, is that what Manny said?" And I had to laugh when she said, "No, he said, HOLY COW!" Obviously she did hit a good drive! We are very proud her and how hard she works at her game:)

Finally, I had my own bit of success today. Everyone knows that I have been part of a Challenge designed to lose weight/inches, get in shape, and eat healthier. I had planned on getting some new school clothes but just hadn't got around to it. However, last week I had a meeting and put on some capri pants and to my surprise I could fit my whole fist in the waistband! (It is not cool to have to pull your pants up with every step, even though there are those who think it is!) So today I bit the bullet and went shopping for myself. Now, the pants that are hanging in my closet are all 10 or 12. (Its takes guts to publish actual sizes on here!) 11 weeks ago, I was wearing them all. Some were a little big so I would say that I was mostly a 10. However, today I am a 6! I bought size 6 pants! That is unbelievable! I haven't been a 6 since I got married 11 years ago! I was so excited that I texted Corey and called Wendy, Kelli, my mom, and Karen. This was just the motivation that I needed to continue on to my goal! My goal isn't so much about weight, but being firm in places that aren't so firm after children! There is a new Challenge starting as soon as this one is over, and I think I will do so much better during the school year. I am so excited to see what I can accomplish!
All of the girls(aka=beauties) in the Challenge got shirts. We met for lunch today to visit, plan the next challenge and pick up our shirt. Here is the back, they are very posh!

So, this has been a great week for the Eddlemon's! And to top it off we will spend the next 2 days organizing and packing backpacks full of supplies for Schoolbox Ministries! We are so blessed with our successes this week and now we get to end the week by packing success in a bag for the students of GP! What a great way to wrap up a great week!

6 comments:

Doug and Kelli said...

I am so proud of you!! You are awesome :)

Sarah said...

Sounds like a banner week for all of you! Go team Eddlemon! :)

Tara said...

That does sound like an awesome week! I have to know about this challenge though. We are starting to think about a sibling for Hailey and I sure would like to at least get back to square one before I just pack more baby weight on top of old baby weight.

Anonymous said...

I am seriously so excited for you and your shopping trip!!!

Kristi said...

Yay!! You have worked so hard and deserve to go shopping! Have fun :)

Jessica Nieves said...

What a fabulous week!!! I almost didn't recognize you last week at SGP!! You look wonderful!!