I know that it has been way too long since I last blogged! But to be honest, the only thing that is forcing me to blog tonight is Morgan's party on Sunday! I know that I will have to blog then too, and if I don't catch up tonight, I will end up skipping the first days of school, and we can't have that now can we?!
Today we completed our 2nd week back to school! It has not been easy getting back into a routine. People always talk about how lucky teachers are to have the summers off, and I AGREE totally. However, it is quite a shock when you go from being completely carefree to a strict schedule overnight. However, we did really good the first day. I was up at 4:30 and workout for an hour, got myself ready and then started on the kids at 6:30. I had to be at school by 7:30 so Corey got to take the girls on the 1st day.
Morgan is going to Miss Camille's house. Camille goes to church with us and she has a son Morgan's age. She is teaching Kindergarten to Morgan, Dylan, and Walker(another friend from church) at her house 3 days a week. On Tuesday, she will begin taking them to Mother's Day Out. I have to say Morgan LOVES Miss Camille's! She has homework and is learning to read so she is very excited!
Makinley is returning to her same school. She was so excited to find out that she got the teacher that she wanted, however the night before, she worried that none of her friends would be in her class. I didn't think I would ever get her to bed! She cried and worried and cried some more. We talked about it and finally I came up with a solution. I have a little cross that I keep in my purse called "A Cross in My Pocket". Corey's Meemaw gave it to me a long time ago. So I explained that to Makinley and told her that the cross was to remind her that God was always with her, and that even when He put challenges in her path, He would always be there to comfort her and give her strength. That night she tucked the cross under her pillow and slept all night! Yay for quick thinking! She has slept with that cross every night and put it in her backpack each day. She has been so happy and calm about going to school! It makes everyone have a better day when there are no tears at drop off!
Since day one it has been a roller coaster ride in the Eddlemon house! I really do feel like a hamster in a wheel that never stops. I get up, get ready, get the girls up and ready, we eat breakfast, Walker arrives for a ride to Miss Camille's, I drop off Morgan and Walker, Drop off Makinley, Go to my school and run all day, pick up Morgan, Pick up Makinley, do homework, cook dinner, eat, give bathes, workout, take a bath and then finally fall into bed! (Notice my workouts have moved to the end of the day rather than the 4:30 in the morning! That lasted for 2 days, but I couldn't function after that. I had to start taking vitamins and eating protein bars just to survive!)
So to sum it all up, Again, we are ready for our long weekend! Morgan's birthday party is this weekend and she can't wait! She also gets to start TLC on her birthday, which is Tuesday! Makinley is joining student council and has her first meeting this week. We have Meet the Teacher on 2 nights and things going on at the church other nights. Needless to say, next week isn't looking any slower so we are going to enjoy as much down time as possible in the next 3 days! No matter how busy we are, we continue to give thanks for a great start to a new year and can only hope that it continues to be this great!
I took several pictures, but most of them came out blury! But at least we got one that is decent!


No comments:
Post a Comment