Well, the good news is, I am fine! I saw the hematologist today and he confirmed that my tests all came back negative, and my last blood work was all normal! This means that my worst fears, leukemia and lymphoma, have been eliminated! I have been feeling better gradually however, after today's appointment, I realized that my mental state was impacting my ability make more progress. Last week when I called to schedule my appointment I was a little taken back when they answered, "Dallas Oncology". (Okay I will admit I had a melt down!) I knew why they did bone marrow tests, however they continued to say they were just checking my red blood cell production. Today when we went to the dr. I thought I was going to be sick in the parking lot because I knew that there was a possibility that when I walked in that office my life could change forever. I know that seems very doom and gloom, but it was reality.
That was not what happened though! He still can't explain what happened to me. It could have been a virus that freaked my body out and caused it to go into a tailspin, or it could be an Auto-Immune that will come back eventually. No one knows, but for now it all seems to be gone, and I am good with that!
I expressed my frustration with spending the amount of money we spent, having every test the hospital offers, and giving gallons of blood, and still not getting any answers. Not that I was looking for a "condition", just an explanation. He said that we just have to celebrate what it isn't, and who can argue with that!
I have to take a moment to throw out some love to Corey at this point. He has been unbelievable through all of this. He has seen me at my worst, to say the least! There have been many breakdowns and lots of tears shed in the last 2 weeks and he has remained calm and supportive through all of it. He ran his business out of the hospital room for 3 days so that he could be there to hear every word that a doctor might say. He brought me my shampoo, conditioner, razor and straightening iron even though he thought I was CRAZY! He has been so understanding when I tried to go back to work but just couldn't make it all day. He has not allowed me to be consumed with the negative thoughts that continually haunted me until today. There is no way that I could repay him for all he has done in the last 2 weeks! I just hope that he knows how much I love him and I wouldn't be the same without him by my side!
So, where do we go from here? I will be monitored by the Hematologist for a while, I go back in 4 weeks. He wants to make sure that things stay status quo and I am to call him if there are any changes. I still have to follow up with the Infections dr. next week, but that is just a follow up. I have to have another set of blood work done this week, but the Hematologist will call me when he gets those results back. Other than that, life goes on as normal I guess.
Thank you so much for all of the prayers, cards, phone calls, texts, blog comments, and many dinners that have been delivered! I truly believe that my results are reflective of the strong, Christian support system that I am surrounded by. I am blessed to be healthy but also for such wonderful friends and family! My sincere thanks to you all! Hugs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
God is good!! Glad you are feeling better and the tests came back positive!!
Mysteries are fun only in books and movies! I am sooooo glad you are being given a clean bill of health!
That is such wonderful news! Yay! I know that you were so scared of the unknown, and must feel a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders. We'll all rest a little easier tonight, I think. :)
Thank you, Lord, for your healing mercies!
I"m so glad that you such great news!!
Jessica Nieves
Praise God! I am so glad to hear everything is o.k. ~ Dana Williams Saldivar
Post a Comment