Friday, November 6, 2009

The Land of the Lost

Lots of posts got left out over the last few weeks since I was in the Land of the Lost! So now I will try to play catch up:)
The night before I got sick, Makinley had a PTA program that highlighted several different decades of hit radio tunes. Her class had to dress up for the 80's which was super easy to do. Did anyone know that leg warmers are making a come back? Well, they were found at Target so run out and getcha some so you can relive those Flashdance days!
Here is our 80's girl:Notice the jelly and neon springy bracelets...an 80's favorite! To bad we didn't keep those zipper pants!
I was lucky enough to be able to somewhat enjoy Halloween. On Friday night Karen and Johnny came over and they, along with Corey, helped the girls carve pumpkins. Have to say I wasn't too sad to just sit in my chair and watch. Carving pumpkins isn't my favorite thing to do since I don't like to get my hands dirty. Makinley's was JB Tucker from the Airhogs (it had his name and number on the back), and Morgan's was a cat.
On Saturday we had Trunk r Treat at the church. We had been pretty excited since this was the first year for it and I was on the planning team. The girls got their costumes on, which were very cute by the way. Makinley has wanted to be a witch for a long time. She said it was time she got to be "something scary". She wasn't a scary witch, by any means, but being a witch made her feel like a rebel I guess:) Morgan was, of course, Taylor Swift. I think she would wear that outfit, wig and all, everyday if we let her! She is pretty darn cute!
I would have to say that Trunk r Treat was a huge success! Everyone decorated their trunks and filled them with candy, and the kids had a blast!



After we left the church we went to Wendy and Stacy's house for Trick or Treating. Well, The guys, along with Tiffany and Clayton took the kids out while Wendy and I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic:) I was worn out by the end of the night, since this was the first outing I had since I came home from the hospital, but it was a great night and good to be with friends!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

trunk or treat is such a cute idea!!