Yes, I am a direct marketer. It isn't something that I thought I would ever say, especially with the pride that I say it with:) I know plenty of people have a negative view of network marketing, and many have failed to see success. I know that many of you think people in direct marketing are crazy and stupid. I have been in those shoes before. Today I have a different perspective and this blog is to provide insight to what led me to where I am today.
Two years ago most of you know that I left the public education system and moved to a charter school. It took MUCH prayer and a huge leap of faith to make that decision. In making that move, I took a 50% pay cut. It case you don't know, that is HUGE! And it shouldn't have worked. It didn't work on paper, we were already living on every dollar we earned, and the only way I can explain why we did it was, God. It was a 100% trust that God was calling me to make this move and that if I followed, He would provide. And He has.
Fast forward to the last year. Our church has been in the process of beginning construction on a new place of worship. Corey and I are both excited about what that will mean for the Kingdom in Grand Prairie. But when we looked at what we would be able to contribute, it was very disheartening. With a recent pay cut, there was no way that we were going to be able to give the way we wanted to.
Enter the direct sales opportunity. A friend from high school had been posting on Facebook about this new product that she was taking and promoting. She is a Physician Assistant and also works out a lot, so when she posts things about health, I pay attention. I sent her a message asking her about what the product was and she invited me to check out her website. I looked at it and shared the info with Corey. We talked about how it seemed interesting, but we let it go at that point. Over the next month, my friend continued to post things, each time I checked it out and Corey and I continued to have conversations. The more we read and talked about the products and the possibilities of how they could improve our health, the more excited we got. Finally, one day I called her and said, ok, we want to take these, we are in. We became associates that day, instead of customers, for 2 reasons:
#1 we would save money in the long run since we were both going to take them,
But even more importantly, because
#2 we realized, standing in our kitchen that day, that this was going to be how we could be bigger contributors to our church's building fund
I'm not gonna tell you that being in network marketing is easy, because it isn't! It's a lot of work! I think that many people get in thinking they are gonna get lucky and everything will fall into their lap. That's how people walk away with a bad taste. I essentially have 2 jobs right now, however, I have loved every minute of it! I have learned a lot about myself through this opportunity and I have also grown a lot in a very short time.
I know that what I am doing is right for my family. I also know that it is going to benefit God's Kingdom. How could I not be excited about this?!
The other thing that is exciting is the opportunity to help others change their lives for the better. Corey and I truly believe in the products and were already seeing great results in only a few weeks. We have a passion for the people we know and love to get on these products so that they too will reap the benefits!
So there it is in a nutshell! One day my hope is that everyone I know will be benefiting from the products that I can offer them. It really is cool to be a part of something with such BIG outcomes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am very proud of you. You give your best and all to whatever you do. I love you.
Karen
Post a Comment