In addition to learning to blog, this has been the first week of school. Makinley, Morgan, and I have all started new schools this year. Morgan really started last week at First Baptist. She loves "big school". She gets to spend everyday with the same friends that she goes to Sunday School with so she is in heaven! She reports everyday what they have for snack. Today was Zebra cakes, Corey's favorite, so she met him at the door to share the news.
Makinley has moved to our neighborhood school, Whitt. She is in the 2nd grade and has quickly adjusted to her new surroundings. She has attached herself to my friends that work there and talks about them as if they belonged to her! She was a little nervous the first day, but has warmed right up. It is truely a blessing that Makinley is doing so well, as this is her first year of school in a different building than me. I moved to a brand new school this year, Williams. It is a wonderful place to be. Everyone is happy, friendly, and eager to do whatever needs to be done. I really am lucky to be in such a great place!
Since we started a new school year, the Backpack Fairy came to visit the night before the big day. Both girls were eager to sit out their backpacks before bed, and couldn't wait to see what awaited them the next morning. Morgan got Princess puzzles, a Princess book, doughnuts, and ABC stickers. Makinley got white Converse tennis shoes, markers, and a chapter book. The Backpack Fairy also left each of them a note of encouragement. They were so excited about going to school and I think the Backpack Fairy definitely helped with that!


Two beautiful girls!!!


2 comments:
YAY - I'm so glad that you joined the blogging world! I can't wait to see some back to school pictures of my sweet nieces.
I think that you are doing a great job on your blog. It looks awesome! I'm so excited that I am the first person to comment. :) Love you guys!
Leigh Ann, You are so smart. It has taken me two days to try to comment! :( I hope this works.
This is a wonderful way to keep friends and family in touch.
It looks terrific. Keep up the good work.
Love you all
Post a Comment