Thursday, May 14, 2009

Conversations with Morgan

Since my sister in law, Sarah, posts conversations with Clayton...I thought I would post some recent conversations with Morgan.

Last week:
Me: Morgan Why did you hit Makinley?
Morgan: Because she wouldn't play with me

Me: Morgan why did you hit Makinley again?
Morgan: Because she wouldn't share with me.

Sunday (Mother's Day Lunch)
Morgan: Mamaw, I think I need to come and see you so you can teach me some manners.
Mamaw: Well Morgan, are you having a hard time with your manners?
Morgan: Well, yes. I am not nice to my friends at school.
Mamaw: Well, you have to be nice to your friends. That makes me sad. You might just need to come to my house and we will work on that. What do you do to your friends?
Morgan: Well, I hit and push and scratch them.
Mamaw: Oh my, that isn't good, Maybe you should make a list of things we need to work on and then come over!

Wednesday
Me: Morgan why did you scratch your friend Aly?
Morgan: Because she didn't do what I said!

At Mamaw's that afternoon:
MAmaw: Tell me what happened at school today.
Morgan: I scratched my friend.
Mamaw: Oh no. You have to be nice to your friends. What can you do to stop that?
Morgan: I don't know.
Mamaw: Well, what if when you put your hand up to scratch someone, you stop and count to ten?
Morgan: That won't work.
Mamaw: Just try it and then call me and tell me if it worked. If not then we will make a new plan.

Thursday
Me: Morgan why did you push your friend Aly down the slide by putting your hand on her face?
Morgan: Because she wouldn't move!

Well, I don't know if the counting to ten worked or not. Maybe it stopped her from scratching, maybe it gave her time to think of another assault technique!!!! Who knows! I am at the end of my rope with this one! AAAHHH!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, Miss Morgan - What are we going to do with that girl?!?! Too funny... (That's easy for me to say as her aunt, I know.)

Perhaps 10 didn't allow her enough time to regroup. Next time she should try counting to 100. :)