Sunday, May 31, 2009
What a Week!
It always gets a little crazy at the end of the school year...but right now, that is speaking mildly! Moday was a holiday, and thank goodness for the opportunity to get prepared for a wild ride of a week. Tuesday Makinley had her awards assembly at school. She got the Superintendent's Award for having A's all year long, and Perfect attendance for not missing more than 3 days of school. She also had a ballgame, which she won:) Tuesday was a big fay for Morgan because she knocked out 5 straight days of good behavior at school and got a hula hoop! Yea! Wednesday I got my 10 year pin at the teacher banquet. Usually I serve at the teacher's banquet so I can see everyone, mingle and then get out of there early! However, it was nice to get to sit and talk with the people I work with while eating a nice dinner, rather than serving them one:) Thursday Makinley had another game, AND she hit a HOMERUN! They have been practicing pitching with her so more to come on that next week possibly!!!! Friday we had a retirement party for my "big" boss, Nancy. We had a great turn out and lots of great laughs. Saturday Corey had to work all day installing a HUGE new account, so Wendy and I took the kids to Kincaid's for lunch and then to see Night at the Museum II. After Corey got off work he was ready to hit the lake so Wendy, Stacy and their kids met us there for some much needed water sporting! That just made it real that summer is almost here! I could go to the lake everyday and never get tired of it! Today, Wendy and Stacy went to the Colonial, so Hunter and Maddie came over. We went to Target and the kids picked out a pool and sprinkler and spent the afternoon in the water yet again:) I am so glad that I have trained my kids to be "water dogs"!!! I loved the sun and the water so it's good that my girls enjoy that too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
We're glad you enjoyed sitting this year. Johnny says you get off work on the years you get a pin. You only have to pour tea and mix salad 4 years now and then you can sit down and get your 15 year pin! HAHA You looked so pretty and we are very proud of what you have accomplished in 10 years. Keep up the good work at GPISD and Eddlemons Catering. Love you, Karen & Johnny
CONGRATULATIONS Makinley on your awards! We would give you an award for the absolutely best 8 year old we know!!!!!!!! Congratulations on promoting to the 3rd grade. I can't believe it. I had fun at the Air Hogs last night celebrating. Love you, Pa & MeMe
Morgan, We are so proud of your good behavior at school. YEAH for your getting the hula hoop! I want you to show us how good you are at that new hula hoop. You had a great year at school. You are the best 4 year old anywhere!!!!!!! I enjoyed the Air Hogs last night. I was excited that you AND Makinley got a ball. Love you, MeMe and Pa
Post a Comment