Friday, June 25, 2010

I have lost my baby...

Because SHE LOST her FIRST TOOTH! Morgan's tooth has been loose for a couple of weeks now. At first I was a little shocked because the child isn't even in school yet! However, I constantly have to remind my self, she only missed Kindergarten by 8 days so she really is one of the oldest in her age group!
We have been calling her "Shark girl" for a while,because her permanent teeth have already come through behind the baby ones. At first she wanted me to wiggle it all the time and try to pull it out. As time went on, and it got looser, it got a little sore and I had to beg her to let me try and get it out. On Wednesday, the girls were swimming and Morgan had gotten out of the pool (to sit in time out i think!) and I asked her to let me see if I could pull her tooth one more time. She granted me permission and I gave it a good pull with the beach towel. It popped but didn't make it out all the way. She kind of panicked, but let me try one more time because I knew I could get it out with one more pull. I grabbed it again and out it came! Pulling teeth is a skill that I developed while teaching first grade:) I'm really pretty good at it, the secret is using a Kleenex or towel to get a good grip!
Morgan put her tooth in her in her tooth pillow that night and woke up to $5! She was so excited and ran downstairs to show everyone her fortune. The tooth fairy doesn't ever take our teeth, so that we can keep them (I don't know why, just seems like what you are supposed to do). However, sometime between when Morgan went to bed, and the time that she walked down the stairs in the morning, she had her tooth in her hand "looking at it", and now it is no where to be found. Corey and it took her whole bed apart, flipped carefully through sheets, and pillows, and crawled on the floor digging through the carpet, and still no tooth! So, I guess this will be the only memory of Morgan's first tooth! I will have to come up with a better plan to "save the tooth" next time!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Whoa! Morgan, you've got to slow down on all this growing up! I can't believe that you lost a tooth! You sure are a cute little snaggle tooth, though. :-)

Ashlee said...

Aww she is such a big girl! Geez, the last time I remember seeing her was last summer at Mamaw's Summer Party. Man, I wish we could get together more often. We should figure out something. Even if it's just a few cousins... something! And congrats on getting the tooth out! :)