Today was the talent show at Makinley's school. This has been a topic of conversation for a while. Makinley tried out last year with a hula-hoop routine but didn't make the cut. She wasn't devastated but she was discouraged. So when tryouts were announced this year I was surprised that she wanted to participate again. Not only that, she wanted to SING! Not that I don't think she is great, but I wasn't sure she understood what she was getting into! Talent show is a BIG deal at her school and there are TONS of people; all of the students and LOTS of parents. I asked her several times if she was sure she wanted to do this and her response was, "Mom, I want to do this to prove to myself that I am brave enough and build my confidence." Well, who can argue with that?! I told her that I was very proud and she should go for it whole-heartedly!
Well, she tried out and made it, so we have been doing lots of practicing and I'm pretty sure all of us sing "The House that Built Me" in our sleep!
So today was the dig day. I must say I kind of felt sick all day just thinking of how nervous she must be, I know I'm crazy! Since it was a holiday, Corey, Morgan, Meme, Pa, G, Grandad, Dad, and Nana were all able to come and watch. I think just about all of us had a tear in our eye as Makinley sat up there on her stool and sang her heart out! She was AMAZING! Afterwards, even strangers came up to her telling her how good she was! Her principal even said she looked famous up there:) I have never been so proud! (Secretly, I have always wanted to be a singer, so this was like me living vicariously! Maybe in my next life!) The video is below, it's on Youtube becasue the file was too big for blogger...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGiwDJ0VP-U


5 comments:
Could be all the hormones but that made me cry!!! That was great!!
Good job, Mak!!! You are so brave! I'm so proud of you, Sweet Girl!
Great video. I can watch it over and over. Makinley, you were as brave and talented as all the people on American Idol! I couldn't have been prouder. In fact I didn't have just a tear but a lump in my throat. YOU ARE AWESOME! Keep up the good work on singing and writing songs. Who knows the places you will go. And you were really really cute too...I love you, MeMe
Wonderful!
That was AWESOME!!! You rocked that song!!!
Post a Comment