Friday, September 10, 2010

School is back!

I know that I am the worst mom in the world for just now getting to this post, but I feel like life has been moving at Mach 4 since August! My last post described my breakdown over Morgan going to Kindergarten and left you hanging as to what would happen the first day.
Well, I can honestly say not a tear was shed on the first day! You should all be impressed, however there wasn't much time for tears... Morgan decided the night before that I could just drop her and Makinley off at the front door and they could go to class themselves. Ha! You should have seen the look on Makinley's face! It had "Speak for yourself" written all over it! I assured them both that I would be going into the school on the first day!
So we walked Morgan to class first. As we reached the door, she turned and said "bye mom", kissed me and walked in. Her teacher introduced herself and that was it! I said "bye Morgan, have a great day", and she said ok and kept on going. Now, this could have brought on tears, and I'm kind of surprised that it didn't, but I was fine. She was so glad to be there and once I saw her teacher and decided that she seemed nice, I was just as okay as Morgan was.
Next was Makinley...you never know how she will be! This is the child that cried everyday of Kindergarten until Christmas, even though I worked in the same building! It is also the girl that has night terrors and anxiety attacks when school comes around, and then most Sunday nights once it begins. So as we walked back down to her area of the building it was no surprise that she said, " Mom this backpack is so heavy I really think we should just go back to the car". I told her I didn't think that was going to happen and she giggled a little. We got to her class and amazingly she too walked right in. Luckily, she was excited about the teacher that she got and so that made it a lot easier!
We are now entering the 4th week of school and everyone is still having fun! Morgan gets up excited every morning, and Makinley even gets up more easily this year! And (Knock on wood) there have been no anxiety attacks as of yet:) You have no idea what a relief that is!
So 2010-2011 school year is off to a great start and if it is anything like other years, it will be over before we know it!
Here are my beauties on their first day...


Makinley, sportin' the UnderArmorMorgan, of course needed to be more "dressy"!The 2nd day was picture worthy too!

I was going to take a picture every morning the 1st week, but by Wednesday, we were rushing out the door!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

What beautiful little ladies! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you wonder how you can have two children under the same roof and they are so different but both so perfect?! MeMe