Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Corey

I haven't given the proper, or due, acknowledgements to Corey and his role in all of this.  It is a rough place to be, the spouse of the patient.  I know that the perception is that he is a supporting character, when in reality, he has a main character role as much as I do.  He has been there for every appointment, every tear, every ache and pain, every report, everything...day in and day out.  When others get to go about their normal lives and just check in on us, he has to go about his normal life of work AND deal with all of these things.
Life with me is not easy.  There is a lot to keep up with.  Medicines, appointment times, treatment times, multiple doctors, notes from visits, not to mention the game of emotional roulette that gets played everyday.  Some days we rock through all of this with no waves, but other days, it is rough!
I know that when we got married, we repeated vows that cover all of these things, but as you stand there and say them, you never imagine that you will have to live them out.  You are young and invisible.  Then one day you wake up and the game is on!  Corey has lived out every one of those words he said to me 16 years ago.  And he doesn't do it out of obligation, he does it out of love.  Even when it is stressful, or will add frustration to his day, he puts me first.  I know it, I can count on it, and I don't thank him enough for it!
Corey,
There is no way I could do this without you!  You keep me grounded when my thoughts take flight, moving forward when I want to sit down and quit, and you hold me when I crumble.  I'm sorry that you have to do all of this, but I am blessed and forever grateful that God put you on this journey with me!  I don't have a lot to offer you, except to promise you that I will keep fighting.  I will continue on the path God has put us on together, and trust in his plan for our lives.
Thank you for all you do each and every day!  I truly hope that I will never have to repay you for all you have done, but know that if given the chance, I would a thousand times over!
I love you...more!

No comments: