1. I love naps. I could take a nap everyday. When I was a kid our house totally shut down on Sunday afternoon for nap time. It drove Wade and I crazy! We didn't do a lot of napping, we usually moved the furniture around in the living room to make cool forts. (No one ever appreciated our engineering abilities!) Corey even hated Sundays because we couldn't come out and play. I can remember looking out the back door, watching him ride his bike between our houses, hoping that I would escape. Even now, it makes him a little crazy that I take a nap every Sunday. After church and lunch, Morgan and I bust out the "easy" clothes and bed up for 2-3 hours. What bliss!!!!
2. I am self diagnosed ADHD. Yet another thing about me that drives Corey insane. (there seems to be a reoccurring theme here!) I cannot just sit. I try, I really do, but it only lasts about 5-10 minutes. Corey does a lot of physical work during the day and when he gets home he wants to sit and watch TV together after the kids go to bed. I can watch TV as long as I have something to do, like fold laundry, or blog, or look at a magazine. I know it seems very tiring, and it is some days....maybe that's why I still need naps!!!
3. I have not always been one to read for pleasure. I know, what a let down right? I am a Literacy Strategist and I am supposed to be this avid reader who has read every book ever written. Truth is I don't remember much about learning to read, or having much fun doing it. Just in the last few years, 5 or so, have I really learned to enjoy reading. I love to read novels and professional books. The thing is, I don't just read 1 book at a time. Right now I have 3 books going. 2 professional and 1 novel. Just depends on the mood I'm in as to which one I will read on any given night.
4. I miss my mom and dad. I know that they are just a phone call away, but it isn't the same as being able to jump in the car and run over for a visit. I don't say much about any of this because it is very hard for me to talk about. I miss the shopping, meeting for lunch, or just being together on a Sunday night for dinner. And that is all I am going to say about that!
5. Painting my house is therapy for me. Most people hire someone to paint the interior of their house because of high ceilings, or the fear of messing it up. Not me! I don't think I could ever feel at home if someone else decorated for me. It gives me ownership and makes me proud of the home we have. I am constantly thinking of what I could paint next. I'm just about to run out of rooms though, so it will be time to start over. I think that worries Corey a little. A random fact about him is, he doesn't like change! As if you didn't already know that!!!
6. I am extremely sensitive. I can't watch long distance phone commercials. I cry when I read other people's blogs (especially Kim and Joe's). I can't listen to the radio when they are having people call in and talk about their family, or a sick child, or winning a vacation! I know this is probably not something that any of you would have predicted, but hey, we all have our secrets!
Now it time to hear some secrets from some other friends! I'm not sure that I can come up with 6,but I will get close:
Kelli: because you need an updated blog
Robin A: you should have never let on that you blog too:)
Tara: Not only do you need an updated blog, but I know there are things that we don't know about you!
Jay: because you are VERY random, and that's why we love you!
Jean: because you are the sneaky blogger!Here's what you do:
1. post the rules
2. list 6 random facts about yourself
3. tag 6 others
4. pass it on for fun


2 comments:
Good job, Leigh! I knew you could do it. :)
I think that being sensitive is a great quality. I cried the other day when a girl won $1 million on Deal or No Deal. Wade walked in and said, "I know you aren't crying because of Deal or No Deal!" What can I say - I'm even more sensitive with pregnancy hormones on board!
Kiss the girls for me & have a great week!
Let me know if you decide to go give me a call--we will meet you at Big Tex!
Post a Comment