Wednesday, January 14, 2009

All for a Good Night's Rest

Well, I have sought much advise about our sleeping situations around here and have finally come up with a solution. Makinley has been getting up and not wanting to go to bed. Once she is up, Morgan is soon to follow. So.....now they are roomies! I talked to lots of people who had sisters and they all shared rooms. In fact most of them said that they couldn't have imagined not sharing a room! This never crossed my mind as a perk?!?!
I thought everyone wanted their own room?!?!? I guess since I only had a brother, it never crossed my mind to have them share rooms, because I surely didn't want to share a room with Wade! (no offense bro!)
On Sunday night everyone was up and down until 10:30. This is just not acceptable! So on Monday I announced that we would be reorganizing rooms when we got home that afternoon. We came home and got busy! I took Morgan's bed apart and started moving it into Makinley's room and Morgan put her foot down! She did not want to sleep in Makinley's room! However, I explained to her that we could make her room an "office" for the two of them and put their desk and craft stuff in her room. She was all over that and quickly started helping move things.
So far the move has been great! They have both slept, both nights, and not gotten up. Not only that, they rush up there as soon as they get home in the afternoons to play together!
Thanks to all of my friends who offered me advice on this. Hopefully the honeymoon won't wear off too quickly...but for now we are all sleeping peacefully!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hmmm... I can't help but to think that the new sleeping arrangements free up a room to be a nursery for Eddlemon baby #3! Just something to think about... :)

Hope the girls continue to sleep well and enjoy being roomies!

PS I don't blame you for not wanting to bunk with Wade. His snoring can bring the house down! Don't tell him I said that. ;)