Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just for the Record

I know....2 blogs in one night, a record. However, given the significance of today in history, I feel it is time for me to say my peace. You don't have to agree, even though most of my readers probably will. But if you are offended by my opinions, there is an X in the top right corner of your screen that will dismiss you from this sight.
I watched the Inauguration today at school, it has been on every channel all day, and Corey is watching it tonight. I have come to the conclusion that it gets no more comforting with multiple viewings! It actually scares me more and more. You know, before today, I could kind of live in denial. I could change the channel and pretend that it wasn't really happening, but not anymore. We have a new president and frankly, it scares me to death. I don't like that he talks in circles. He promises things that he can't possibly deliver. And he has no background in the fields that he now controls. I don't like that everything seems more and more like a struggle between races and religions. I believe in equality, but I'm not sure that is really the message he delivers.
However, there is one thing that I am sure of. In all of this confusion and fear I have my God! A God who is equal with His love, His protection, His guidance. And every night when I lay down and pray for love, protection, and guidance for my family and friends, I will also pray for our new president. I will pray that the Lord will bestow His love, protection and guidance upon the man who now leads our country. That is all I can do.
I don't know what the future holds for our country, but I do know that we all have to pull together and love one another. I know that even though I don't agree with what is being promised, I still have to love this leader enough to lift him up in prayer, and I hope that others will too.

2 comments:

Momma Jean said...

Amen Sister!!

We shall overcome! ha!

Anonymous said...

I am with you sweetheart. I pray for our President and all of his staff and all of us. Love you, Karen