Thursday, March 19, 2009

Great Wolf

Tuesday Meme took me and the girls for a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge. The girls have been excited for weeks so when Tuesday finally rolled around they were ecstatic!
The girls wore their swim suits under their clothes so that they would be ready to hit the water immediately, however we went to see our room first. It was very cool! The girls had their own Cabin inside the room. It had bunk beds and it's own T.V. Once the girls saw all of that, we barely got them out of there!
Once we got them to the water park, they were in heaven! There were slides, things to climb on, and water spraying from all directions. They jumped right in like fish! They played for a good 2 hours until we went to meet Corey and Uncle Kelly for dinner. While we ate Morgan began to complain about not feeling well and being tired. She had coughed quite a bit during the day and had taken her inhaler several times already. However, up until now she hadn't complained about feeling bad. By the time we got ready for bed, Morgan was not breathing well, so I called Sarah to seek a professional opinion about continuing to give her the inhaler, even thought it didn't seem to be working. Sarah ended up coming over to the hotel to give Morgan a breathing treatment. Sarah then took me to the store to get Motrin because Morgan had also started running a fever. Finally Sarah was able to go home and Morgan was able to sleep about 12:30am. The next morning Morgan acted like she felt better but I still gave her another breathing treatment. The plan had been to play at the water park all day, but that got cut short by a 2:00 dr. appointment. We did manage to go play for about an hour though. (I figured why not, we were going to the dr. anyway!) Makinley and I did some pretty cool slides while we were their. My favorite was sort of like being flushed down a toilet, however she wasn't a big fan of that one! By the end of the morning, Makinley had even talked Morgan into going down a couple of the big slides! What a great finish to a great time!
I am so sorry that we didn't get to play all day! I know that everyone was disappointed about having to leave so early in the day, but we all had a blast!
Morgan did go to the dr. and ended up getting her own breathing machine which she has had to take 3 times a day since Wednesday. I couldn't resist taking her picture and using it to end this story! Thanks Meme for such a fun time! Sorry it couldn't last longer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we got to go. It was a blast!! Thanks Morgan and Makinley for inviting me to spend the night with you girls in the cabin. My bunk was great!! I am sorry too that Morgan had the coughing and breathing spell, but we are very thankful for Sarah and now for her own machine. Thank you Leigh Ann for your wise choices and letting us all have a good time. I love you all very much. We'll go again and take the breathing machine with us!! Love, MeMe

Sarah said...

What a fun experience! The waterpark and slides look very cool!

I hate that Morgan was sick, though. :( I felt so bad for her - she looked so pitiful! Glad that she is on the mend now. Unfortunately, our kids have asthma and allergies in their genes. It's inevitable, it seems!

P.S. Surely since Morgan tackled the huge water slides at GWL, she will be flying down our little ole neighborhood one, right? Can't wait! :)

Tara said...

Bless her heart!! That sounds like so much fun, not the getting sick part. I hope Morgan's feeling better!