Sunday, June 7, 2009

Molly


Well, we have a new addition to the Eddlemon household....Molly! I have been trying to convince Corey for a month or so that I wanted another dog once summer got here. Well, I wouldn't say that I convinced him, I think his comment was, "I think you are crazy and you are fully responsible for all of this"! But today he did agree to take us to the SPCA and look for a puppy:)
We were really looking for a lab or something close. The girls were set on finding the perfect dog and naming him Buster???? After church, we drove all the way to McKinney to the SPCA to see a Golden Retriever puppy, but turns out the puppy that we saw online is now a full grown, very active dog. PASS!
Then we went to the Dallas SPCA. This place is near and dear to our hearts because it is where we adopted Bernie, our St. Bernard that passed away last summer. Right when we walked in my heart melted! I saw this little white/tan puppy that looked to be a lab! It was so precious! I soon realized that it was a girl. I was discouraged since Ranger is a boy, it just didn't seem like a good fit. However I couldn't help but love her! We talked to the experts there and they said that male and female dogs get along better sometimes, rather than 2 males. Since both dogs are fixed we shouldn't have any problems.
We took the puppy into the play room and spent a few minutes playing with her. We were pretty sure that she was a lab...how perfect! I went and got her paperwork and soon realized that she was part Great Pyrenees and part Australian Shepard. In case you are unfamiliar with these dogs, they fall in the "giant" category:) Not a problem for us, we like big dogs! The girls fell in love with her and named her Molly before we could get out of the play room!
So goes the story of Molly:) She is absolutely beautiful, and I can't help but think she could be part lab instead of Australian Shepard, she has webbed feet! Whatever she is we love her, and as for Ranger, he is learning to love her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When Makinley and Morgan called to say that Molly was home, I of course went right over to meet her. They were so excited. I have to admit that I wasn't sure about another big dog. I didn't go in negative at all, I just wasn't sure. But when I walked in believe it or not, my heart melted. Molly is beautiful. Molly has a sweet face and seems so laid back, calm yet playful and a really pleasant dog. Welcome Molly! MeMe