Last night Corey and I took the girls to the much anticipated Taylor Swift concert:) We had a blast! Glorianna and Kelly Pickler were the opening acts and they were great! I think that Kelly is so beautiful! Taylor puts on an awesome show! So many set and wardrobe changes, I don't know how she keeps up! Both of the girls sang and screamed and cheered all night. We all got shirts, well not Corey of course! It was so great to have a family night out, since Corey has been pulling so REALLY long hours lately.
The tour is titled "Fearless" and as you probably know, Taylor writes songs about her own life. Her happy times, her breakups, her friends. She talks about the struggles that young girls have with fitting in, having friends, and dating boys. It makes me reflect on those times in my own life, and dread those times for my girls! Let's face it being a teenage girl is hard. But it is one of those things, kind of like labor, that once it is over you forget how bad it was.
I dread the thought of someone telling my daughter that they "love" them only to break their heart. I dread them agonizing over which boys can be trusted and which ones to steer clear of. I hate to think that anyone would ever have ill will towards one of them, like so many of those "mean girls" in school do to their peers. I worry about those times when they think they have everything figured out at such a young age, only to be disappointed when they don't. With each one of these thoughts my heart breaks a little more. I sat there and fought tears through so many songs. However, I am so glad that my girls have these songs to listen to and to talk about. Makinley especially, who understands what is happening in the lyrics and feels the emotional connection too.
But I didn't just think of my girls as I sat there. I also thought of the Beauties. So many of us are struggling with weight issues, marriage issues, family drama, or whatever, and are stuck in that same mindset we had at age 15. There are many who are constantly trying to be something that they aren't for the sake of others. Or maybe they are still trying to figure out who they really are inside. Or maybe those men who they thought they could trust, didn't keep their word. Many of us worry about being the perfect wife, and mother of the year...I don't know, but what I do believe is that many of us are still struggling daily with lots of emotional things. So I wonder, is this just the life of a woman? Are we destined to feel insecure or unsure about who we are and what we do no matter how much "experience" we have? At what point do we become "Fearless"? This is something that I am going to have to pray hard about! For my girls, and my Beauties. My hope is that at some point we feel fearless, accomplished, powerful, and that we can stop worrying about what the world sees or expects. I will admit, I am a long way from being fearless, but now that I am thinking about it so much, maybe I can move in that direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment