Well, after my post last night, the wheels haven't stopped turning! However, a challenge was put to the Beauties this week to pray specifically for our fellow Beauties during worship this morning. I was very excited about his all week and couldn't wait to see what happened. Here is the email that I sent out to my fellow Beauties about what I experienced this morning:
WOW, that is all I can say about what I experienced at church this morning! I am a regular on Sunday mornings, have been since I was born, but today was very moving for me. There were 2 things that spoke to my heart today while I stood and prayed during our worship songs. .
1. God's Grace is sufficient
Last night I blogged about girls and women feeling unsure and insecure. We had been to the Taylor Swift concert the night before and her songs, though I had heard them all before, really made my heart hurt. It started me thinking about all of the heartbreak and confusion that is in store for my daughters, and all of the battles the Beauties still struggle with everyday. But this morning it was brought up that no matter what you are going through, God's Grace is sufficient. I started really thinking about what that means. God gives us every ounce of love, appreciation, and assurance that we need. He fills the cup to the brim everyday before we get up. Everything that we get from everyone else, our husbands, kids, co-workers, etc, is a bonus. Yet, we are continually looking to those around us for all of these things, and we are heartbroken when they don't produce. We have to put our focus on a Higher power for these things. Once we do I think we will all be in a better place.
2. He's not finish yet
This was a refreshing reminder! I think that we get so got up in the day to day that we start to think we are on our own and we should be able to handle it by now. I have been married 11 years, and have been a mom for 8 years, so that makes me feel like I should be an old pro! In addition, now that I have been in the Challenge for 17 weeks, I feel that I should be smooth sailing, yet I am stuck! I have reached a plateau and can't get past it. With those things in mind, it seems like we forget that God didn't just create us and kick us down to earth and say "have at it, you are finished". He is still working! He is still working on me learning to be the best wife I can be, and being the best mother, and becoming a healthier person. I have to remind myself that He is with me every step guiding me down the path He has created just for me. I am not supposed to have all of the answers, or be self sufficient! I am a work in progress!
I feel so blessed to have spent the time I did today opening my heart and listening to what God had to share with me! I was very moved by my experience this morning, and will admit that tears flowed the entire time I sang and prayed. It is always so refreshing and rejuvenating when you can experience the Lord in that manner.
Thanks Tanna for encouraging this! I definitely think we need to do this again!
Obviously God is a blog stalker too! He knew exactly how to get my attention this morning. What a great way to start the week, being reminded that He is all I need.
You know, Morgan is learning Bible verses each week at her Mother's Day Out. Her verse this week,
I will praise Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14a
Morgan walked around the house all week and said this verse, but it was just today that i "heard" it. The Lord was trying to reach me all week, with the simplicity of a 5 year olds words. She got it, why didn't I? Today I was reminded to pay attention and listen for God to speak to me. Can't wait for His message this week:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I was SO moved by your email yesterday. I knew exactly how you felt because I felt the same way. I dont know why I even put on make up for church, there was none left at the end. Just goes to show how real prayer is and how much it can do for us in different ways. Thank you so much for sharing that and opening up with the group. And thank you for praying. I really loved it too. Have a great week.
Post a Comment