Saturday, September 26, 2009

Not a baby anymore

I have thrown in the towel for Mother if the Year, given that Morgan's birthday was September 8th, and I am just now blogging about it! Let's just say that September has been a whirlwind!
I can't believe my baby is not a baby anymore! She only missed Kindergarten by 8 days! I look at the kindergartners at my school and think, Morgan could be having to walk to class, carry a lunch tray, navigate around a huge building, etc, but THANK GOODNESS for 1 more year!
Morgan has developed a LOVE for swimming this year, so it only made sense to have a swim party. We rented the Natatorium for the afternoon and the kids had a blast swimming. There was a rock wall, inflatables to climb on, and of course the diving boards, which got lots of action from kids both big and small!
Lindsey was kind enough to make Morgan's cake:) and it was awesome! (If any of you blog stalkers ever need cakes, call me and I will hook you up with Lindsey! She does a great job!)
Morgan wanted a mermaid cake and it was so cute!

We are so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family members to help us celebrate! Morgan was spoiled by all of the wonderful gifts she received. She got many new clothes, DS games, and other girly stuff! She was very excited to finally get a charm bracelet as well. I guess it is a rite of passage for 5 year olds?! Makinley got one when she was 5 and Morgan couldn't wait to be 5 so she could start one. Just another sign that there are no babies in the Eddlemon house anymore!

Morgan can sure throw a great party! There were even some tears shed as we all had to wrap up in towels and head out the door. Thanks to all of you who came and help us celebrate!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sweet little 5 year old!!! Morgan does throw a great party! Clayton had a ball. And, that cake was ah-mazing! Lindsey is so talented.

I can't believe that our babies are just one short year away from Kindergarten. Crazy...

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Morgan. And don't worry, Hailey's birthday was July and I still haven't posted her real birthday party pictures!