Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Have I mentioned...

How much I love my family????? We had the most incredible weekend together at the Dixie Dude Ranch and we can't stop talking about it! We surprised the girls with the trip out of town on Thursday of last week. They thought they were getting up to go to school but we had other plans! They were shocked when they learned we were skipping school for horseback riding!

The ranch was incredible! It is like walking into a different time. Everything is so relaxed and quiet. There was a schedule...the breakfast bell rang at 8:00, the lunch bell at 12:30, and the dinner bell at 6:00, but it was so nice to walk in and sit down to a fully cooked meal and not have to clean up! We also had 2 scheduled horseback rides each day; one after breakfast and one after lunch. The rides were 1 hour each and they were awesome! Morgan and I rode together and Makiney and Corey each had their own horses. We rode up mountains, through dry creekbeds, and in between trees. There is something so peaceful about horses; Morgan nearly feel asleep several times while riding!

There were so many fun things that we got to do, but there were some things missing too, like cell phone signal and TV. I am not complaining! This was part of what made our trip so great! The phone never rang, in fact when we checked in they told us to turn our phones off and save our battery! Sounded good to me! And with no TV, we got to talk and sing and laugh a lot! We played games, we went for walks, we played outside...we just got to be together.

In a world where life constantly gets in the way, just getting to be together was a blessing. There were no interruptions, nothing that had to be done. We could just soak up all of the "moments" that we might have missed anywhere else. We were so fortunate to get to have this experience and the opportunity to make memories that will last a lifetime!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so happy for y'all that you got to spend some time with just the 4 of you. That place sounds awesome! How did you hear about it? I'd love to take the boys there when Drew gets older. It looks like y'all had a blast!

My nieces look so darling riding horeseback! I think those are the two cutest little cowgirls I've ever seen. ;)

Kristi said...

Praying for you!!