Monday, July 19, 2010

Destin Day...Finally!

Vacation has finally begun for the Eddlemon's and Bryant's! We headed out on Saturday at 5:45 a.m. for our 12 hour drive to Destin and arrived at 6:00 p.m. Everyone was SO happy to get OUT of the car! Saturday night was just like any other night when we are together...we ate and played games until bedtime:) Wendy and I went to the grocery store while the guys finished unloading the cars, then came back and fixed tacos for dinner. As we played Joker, we kept hearing this noise...it sounded like the seagulls on Nemo, saying, "Mine, mine, mine". Wendy and Stacy's window was right above the lake where the noise was coming from and Stacy wished he had his pellet gun! Here is what we found the next morning... Sunday morning we started off with a little down time. Wendy and I read our smutt magazines while the kids caught up on some reading time themselves. (No, you don't have to ask, the dad's were not reading!)





Here is a look at our condo. It is very "beachy" with it's colorful decor, but it is plenty of room for all of us.

Mine and Corey's room

Inside the front door

Kitchen

Dining/Living area(well the living area isn't really shown, but its on the left)

Kids room
Wendy and Stacy's room


Since it was our first full day we had to get out and see what the options were. Our first chore was to see how far we were from the beach! Turns out, we can walk there, but we can drive around the corner within our resort and walk across the street and be there quicker!
Looks like a postcard huh?!

Look white sand!
The next activity was to go to the docks and check out the fishing boat options. The guys really want to go deep sea fishing so we hung out for a while and talked to some fisherman to "work a good deal":)

Can't resist watching some fish cleaning!

Took some time to feed the fish.

Photo op on the docks

After lunch, it was time to hit the beach. The kids had been SO patient while doing "fishing" business and they couldn't wait to get in the water. Hunter, Makinley, and Morgan all got new body boards to "hang 10"!
They were all CRAZY about the beach! All of them played SO hard and loved every minute of it. They all got in the ocean and jumped waves. Morgan even put on her goggles and swam under the water to ride the waves in! The ocean has no oil, despite what you may have heard...however it does have a lot of green sea grass in it. It is pretty thick and slimy, but not enough to slow anyone down. Even I stayed in the water the whole time and I am pretty picky about beach water. But even with the sea grass, there is NO beach like the white sand beach in Destin!

The girls all got made into mermaids...


While Wendy and I were at the beach with the kids, the guys went back and got a fishing time for Tuesday morning. After beach time we hit the pool for some clean swimming, and yes, THE DADS SWAM TOO! I know shocking, but the kids had a blast, and So did the dads!

For dinner the guys went and bought a little grill and cooked hot dogs and hamburgers. We have great husbands!

We finished out night with another round of Joker and some Spades. The kids Should have been really tired, and were, but fought going to sleep. But we turned them on a movie about 9:00 and by the time it was over they were almost all asleep.
I am typing this post at 8:20 on Monday morning. Wendy and I started our morning at 6:00 with a run:) We ran about 2.5 miles and half of it was on the beach. I must say, there is nothing like running on the beach at sunrise! It was not easy! I think we should get double the credit for running in sand, definitely! Now we are sitting on the screened in patio overlooking the lake enjoying a peaceful morning.
Gotta say, things don't get much better than this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like SO much fun!!!! I hope you guys have a wonderful time, you deserve it!!

Jessica Nieves said...

So glad you are having a wonderful time!! I want to take the boys to the beach next year so I'll get some notes from you on where to stay and what to do!!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that y'all made it there safe & sound. Have fun!!!