Friday, June 26, 2009

My Little Mermaid

Morgan has always said that when she grows up she wants to be a mermaid?! The problem, Morgan has never had any desire to put her head under water! Maybe she was just going to be the mermaid that sits on the rocks and looks pretty? That will work!
However, with the progress she has made in the last week of swimming lessons, her Mermaid abilities are increasing! Two weeks ago when she was at "Grammie Camp", she and my mom were at the pool and there was a lady giving swimming lessons to some toddlers. Morgan sat and watched them carefully and I guess figured she could do that, because she walked over to Miss Kay and asked her if she could do it too. Miss Kay had her swimming underwater within minutes! So I figured that we had to jump on this quick if it was going to last. If you don't know Morgan, just because something is good today, doesn't mean it will still be good tomorrow! I had no time to waist! So this week she started 8 days of lessons, 4 this week and 4 next week. She is doing so great! Unfortunately, Morgan likes to swim the breast stroke underwater, but they expect her to swim on top of the water with "ice cream scoops". Her coach, Matt, has spent all week breaking her of her "bad habits"! Oops! He asked why she would swim that way and I told him she learned it from watching her sister! Yes, I through Makinley under the bus! How was I supposed know that swimming underwater was bad! Oh well, I guess Makinley will be taking lessons next!Anyways, despite improper training from her family, Morgan has become quite the swimmer! She even got rings off of the bottom of the 3 foot section of the pool. That was huge to her! So, here are some pictures of my Mermaid in training!:) I'm sure I will have more at the end of next week!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so pretty :)