Thursday, April 9, 2009

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am extreamly competitive! My rule is, If you can't win, don't play. I don't ever play just for fun...everything is a competition. So you can only imagine how exciting it is to me that my girls LOVE softball! They played last year and had a good time, but now that they have had a taste of competition, they are full force!
Morgan plays a type of Tee-ball called blast ball. They hit the ball off of the tee and then run to 1st base(the only base), jump on it and it honks. Everyone bats then they switch and play the field. Really, they all stand in a line across the pitcher's mound and then run after the ball when it is hit. Morgan is SO HAPPY on the ball field. She hustles after the ball everytime it leaves the tee. I would say that she is a ball hog, but that might make her unsportsman-like, so I won't dare! She begs to go to practice or a game everyday. She can't wait to play "big ball" like Makinley!
Makinley played coach pitch last year, but has graduated to player pitch. She has an awesome coach who, I believe, shares my passion for competition and victory! Makinley played for him last year and we were undefeated. This year the teams are stronger and have more experience but our girls are great! Makinley plays catcher, which is kind of funny since she is so small. However, she doesn't let her size slow her down at all. Saturday she took lots of hits with the ball, in the chest, on the head, in the arm, and never flinched. Now we all know that Makinley is not the toughest princess on the block! Playing catcher has shown us a side of her that we didn't know existed.
Saturday was their opening tournement, and they both did GREAT! I can't even put into words how proud of them I am. They are both coming out of their shells and becoming so much more independent. I love what sports can do for a child's confidence and social skills! Can't wait until next week when the season starts and we can "Play ball!!!!"



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Wild Cats and Red Team!!

It is so much fun going to the games and watching Morgan and Makinley play. They have both changed so much since last year and are really taking it serious while still having fun. Hey, I'm having fun watching them...Love MeMe

Sarah said...

Can't wait to go to a game and cheer on my girls!!!

I know that it will be a great season and that they will learn so much! :)