Monday, April 20, 2009

Surely Not!

Surely I am not old enough to have a daughter that is 8 years old! I can't believe it! Makinley has grown and changed so much this year it is unbelievable! I look at her and can still see the sweet little face that was handed to me on a Friday night 8 years ago. She was beautiful then, but she continues to be more dear to my heart each day. Makinley is the passive, easy going, people pleasing, homebody. She cried her first year of school just because she would have rather been home. Last year she still was very hesitant about school, even though she loved her teacher and her friends. This year she has become so much more independent and confident! She goes to school with a smile, yeah it's a sleepy one, but it's a smile! She enjoys her time at the church in the afternoon with her friends, and she rocks the softball field as catcher for her team, the Wildcats!I couldn't be more proud of who she is becoming. She is smart, caring, organized, sincere, passionate, tough, beautiful, and most importantly, loves Christ! It is so awesome to see God work in the life of a child. I know that He has a firm grasp on her life and has GREAT plans for her future. It makes me SO incredibly sad to think that she is already 8, but I LOVE that
I get to watch her life unfold before me everyday! She is truly amazing and words cannot express my love for her, or my excitement about what is still ahead!

I love you Mak, and there are great things ahead for you! Always remember that you can be and do anything that you set your mind to. Keep close to family and always lean on the Lord for guidance. Thank you for all the joy you have brought to my heart these last 8 years!
Love you more,
Mom:)

No comments: