Saturday, April 11, 2009

Deep Thoughts...by Makinley

Karen picked up the girls the other day from school so that I could run some errands. While in the car, the conversation included the family tree. They were talking about cousins and 2nd cousins, etc. Somehow they got to talking about being "sisters in Christ". Makinley concluded that Meme was her grandmother AND her sister because they were both Christians. Pretty deep thinking if you ask me?!?!? She got quiet for a minute and then told Karen that she had come up with a poem. Here it is exactly like she put it on paper:

My grandmother is my sister
way deep down inside
because we both love Jesus
and we are both babtised.

Of course Karen told her she needed to write that down as soon as she got home! We were all pretty impressed. It's amazing to think about what goes on in our kids heads! They really have a lot more figured out than we give them credit for! Not only that, but from a literacy standpoint.....that is pretty darn good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressed for sure. Makinley came up with the sister in Christ because she remembered Bro. Bill saying that when she was baptized. When she came up with "Meme, you're my sister and my grandma and I wrote a story about it", I nearly ran off the road. I don't know why I was surpised though. Have I said before that the girls are perfect and the smartest ones I've ever seen?!!!! MeMe