Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Wise Yoda

While Clayton is on vacation, we are lizard-sitting. I guess that's what you get for buying a pet for Christmas:) It's okay we don't mind! Yoda, the lizard came with his own aquarium of crickets for him to dine on. The weird thing is that today I fed the crickets, then I fed the crickets TO the lizard?!?!!!!!
Yoda does apparently have some secret talents that I was unaware of! Today I was talking with Morgan about pinching people at school. (I know, shocking!) So I was laying it on pretty think about how sad it was that she wasn't going to have any friends because she was being mean. I threw in how disappointed I was, which normally just rolls off her back, but today she was looking pretty remorseful. I left her sitting in the kitchen thinking about our conversation while I went to put some shoes on. She came in the bathroom with a meek face and a soft voice and said, Mom, I need to tell you something. I am sorry for being ugly to my friends today." I told her that I was glad that she had done some thinking, but she probably needed to tell her friends sorry not me. She continued, "Yeah, I went and watched the lizard for a minute while I was thinking. He told me that I needed to say sorry." It took all I had not to laugh out loud! Who knew that Yoda the lizard had counseling abilities! No wonder he cost so much! He definitely lives up to his name given that the "real" Yoda was full of unmatched wisdom! I might have to go talk to him in a while and see if he has any wisdom about getting my kids to pass TAKS next week!!!!!
"Psst, Morgan you must make ammends. A Jedi never causes pain to the allies"

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, months of living in our house, and I had no idea that Yoda was a counselor! Perhaps I should send Clayton in to spend some time with Yoda when he gets in trouble.

I'm glad to hear that Yoda has been a good houseguest. :)