The following words are from the song, Savior, Please by Josh Wilson
Savior, please take my hand .
I work so hard, I live so fast.
This life begins, then it ends.
And then I do the best that I can,
but I don't know how long I'll last.
I try to be so tough,
but I'm just not strong enough.
I can't do this alone,
God I need you to hold on to me.
I try to be good enough,
but I'm nothing without your love.
Savior, please keep saving me.
Savior, please help me stand.
I fall so hard, I fade so fast.
Will you begin right where I end?
And be the God of all I am
because you're all I have.
Hallelujah!
Everything you are to me
is everything I'll ever need.
and i am learning to believe
cause you're the one who's saving me.
These words are my inspiration right now. Everything seems so busy and so demanding. There aren't enough hours in the day or enough of me to go around. I have so many responsibilities at home, at work, and everywhere in between. The pressure becomes almost unbearable at times. Much of the pressure is escalated by myself. I am harder on myself than anyone else could ever think about being. I constantly worry about what others think of me, the example I am setting, the amount on information that I am able to share, the job that I am doing, my level of participation in "motherly" activities, and so on..... And just when I think that I can't do it anymore, I hear the Lord speak to me. The Lord knows that He can send me a message through song and I will listen! I am so thankful that He does. I am so thankful that when I feel like collapsing, He is there to hold me up. It is such a relief to know that I can hand over all of my worries and He will deal with it all for me. I can't imagine life without Christ! My heart goes out to those who don't have know Him. But, even though I feel alone at times, I know that there are others out there who are dealing with these same stresses, and even more. That is why I posted the lyrics to this song. I hope that these words will wash over the rest of you and cleanse your soul like they did mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Isn't it neat how the Lord sends us just the words we need to hear exactly when we need to hear them!
I know that you juggle many roles, and I honestly don't know how you do it all. You make it look so easy, too! You are one hard worker, my friend!
Hang in there - summer is just around the corner! YAY!!!!
Hey there sweetheart. I understand the overwhelming feeling of being a young mother and wife. You are doing a fabulous job and trust me it's worth it. Remember, if you blink they have grown up to become parents themselves and your reward is wonderful grown children that are happy and then they give you perfect grandchildren. I know you can't even imagine that far in advance, but relax, enjoy life, don't stress the small stuff and know I think you are doing a fabulous job in every way! And keep leaning on the Lord. Love you, Karen
Post a Comment