Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Morgan has an interesting past in entertaining. She does NOT like to be the center of attention, unless it is on her terms. She shuts down immediately if she thinks that someone is laughing at her expense. The last time she did a program at TLC, she cried hysterically though the entire performance! Not your solemn, quiet cry, it was more of a "I'M NOT DOING THIS" cry. Of course, she was dressed like Sponge Bob, which made everyone laugh, and I already told you how she feels about that! So you can understand my apprehension about this year performance! She talked it up for weeks and I could only hope and pray that there wasn't a repeat meltdown!
Well, 2 years changes a girl...a LOT! As you can see in the pictures below, she had no problem putting on a show this time! Morgan has come out of her shell and let go of her pride a lot since the last time she took the stage.She got up there and sang her heart out! She exaggerated her moves and was a shining star! You wouldn't believe the difference! They sang a few songs and recited a few bible verses and she nailed them all.
It was a little sad though to think this was our last TLC family night! TLC has been so wonderful to my kids and no other program could ever replace them. I can't thank the director's and teacher's enough for all they do for all the young learners who enter their doors each year, especially the one I call my own!

Morgan and Dylan






1 comment:

Jessica Nieves said...

AWESOME job!! Looks like she's ready for Kindergarten!!!