Thursday, November 13, 2008

For Him

Corey often tells the story about coming out of Sunday school and his dad asking what did they talk about today. He would reply with the always popular, I don't know. And Johnny would follow up with, "Well were y'all for Him or against Him". Thankfully the answer was "for Him"!

Tonight Makinley finally committed to being for Him!!! I was at home with the girls while Corey was helping his family at MeeMaw's house, and had just put them in the bed. I was in the kitchen and heard Makinley calling me from the top of the stairs in a panicked voice. She came down and said that she just didn't feel right but she couldn't explain it. (As many of you know, this is 1 of about 5 nights where we have answered questions about accepting Christ, often pushing bedtime back to 10:00. She has had a clear understanding of everything for quite a while, but hasn't been sure it was the right time.) I just stood there and looked at her and all of a sudden she blurted out, "I am ready". I asked her what she was ready for. She confirmed that she was ready to ask Jesus into her heart. I asked her a few questions to make sure that she was really ready and then said "Let's do it!" She and I prayed together and now her light is shining!!! She was very giggly after we finished and said that she felt so good. I told her that meant that she made the right decision. She called Corey and told him and I could hear him on the phone with her. He was so excited! We both were. There is a lot of responsibility with raising a child to live on this earth, but even more when you think of where they will spend their eternity! I am so proud of Makinley! I am proud of Corey and I for making God the focus of our lives and for passing that on to our daughters. I am also thankful for all of the people who have set such wonderful examples of how to raise a family that walks with Christ!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It is always a blessing to hear that another soul has chosen to follow Christ. It is an even bigger blessing to hear that the soul belongs to our sweet niece! We're so excited to hear about Makinley's decision. Keep us posted on when she will be baptized - we want to be there for that momentous occasion! We love you, Mak!!!

robineilene said...

This was so sweet! It made me cry! :)