Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My little M&M's


Makinley and Morgan are the light of my life! I don't know what Corey and I did before they came along.
Makinley is a carbon copy of me, inside and out. We look alike, we talk alike, and we argue alike! We both don't like our foods to touch on our plate. We both LOVE new crayons and any other school/office supplies. And we both are creative. She does however have a lot of her daddy in her. She is a thinker! She asks tons of questions ,to the point that your ears hurt. The thing is, they aren't silly questions that you can just blow off...they are questions that give her a deeper understanding about whatever the topic is. Corey's mom swears that Corey was the same way. She can also figure out math problems in her head that I didn't even know she understood! That, she definitely gets from her father! Makinley is a tender-hearted people pleaser. She wants everyone to be happy all of the time. She always befriends the underdog and wants to help them in any way that she can. She loves animals and has decided that she wants to be an animal trainer when she grows up.
Morgan is her daddy, through and through. She looks like him, acts like him, and is very passionate like him. When Morgan is mad, she is MAD, but when she is loving, she is the MOST loving person I know. She is a wonderful snuggler. She and I take naps together on Sunday afternoon and I treasure them each week. Morgan literally wakes up every morning with a smile and a giggle. SHE DID NOT GET THAT FROM ME OR COREY!!! Morgan loves school, but not so much for the learning that takes place, it's more about the friends! Morgan LOVES her friends! Like Makinley, Morgan wants everyone to be happy too. Morgan also loves animals. She loves to talk to Ranger and she calls him her brother. She loves on him and hugs on him every morning. I have encouraged Morgan to consider nursing or being a vet because she is so compassionate, but right now. she is sticking with being a mermaid!
My girls mean everything to me! They are so sweet and are getting to the point that they enjoy each other. They play together, draw together, and play school together. They also love to read together! You know that I love that!!!! They each bring something unique to our family and I love them more than I thought could ever be possible. I love every minute that I am with them, and count the minutes when we are apart. My life has a purpose because of them! I am so blessed to have my M&M"s!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am telling you, Corey asked questions constantly. We would be driving down the road, "Why is that (whatever) there?" "What does it do?" "Why does it do what?" Sometimes I would start singing so that he would join in and stop asking questions. But as soon as the song was over......"What is that doing?". You are a much better parent. Obviously you are answering the questions instead of singing. But if you are ever fixing to go over the edge, try a little song! Also at 3 he was sitting on the couch and stated that he needed to figure out what he was going to be when he grew up and who he would marry. I told him let's not worry about that today and just have fun, and that he would figure that out later. At least I got one answer right.....Love you, Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot to say....Does emotionally driven ring a bell? All in all, I think ya'll spread your traits out between the girls just perfect. Karen