Well, after reading Robin's blog about decorating her house for Christmas, I must say I got the bug! I have my Christmas tree up and my mantle partially decorated! Is it weird that there are pumpkins around my tree and fireplace? HAHA! My kids were not very happy that I pulled out the Christmas stuff. This morning Morgan said something about Thanksgiving and Makinley replied, "it's not Thanksgiving around here, it's Christmas!"(With a huff and a roll of her eyes!)
I have assured them that we are still having Thanksgiving!
I am so glad to have begun this process though. We go to Holly Lake the weekend after Thanksgiving, so I can't put out my things then...The next weekend we are going to Dallas to stay in a hotel and go to the Adolphus Christmas parade, so I can't do it then. That means it would be the middle of December before I got around to it! That is too much work to only get to enjoy it for a couple of weeks!
So while we are thankful for the fall and everything November brings...Bring on the reindeer and the jingle bells!
I have assured them that we are still having Thanksgiving!
I am so glad to have begun this process though. We go to Holly Lake the weekend after Thanksgiving, so I can't put out my things then...The next weekend we are going to Dallas to stay in a hotel and go to the Adolphus Christmas parade, so I can't do it then. That means it would be the middle of December before I got around to it! That is too much work to only get to enjoy it for a couple of weeks!
So while we are thankful for the fall and everything November brings...Bring on the reindeer and the jingle bells!


3 comments:
Wow-your tree is very pretty! Christmas decorations will be my chore for the thanksgiving break!
That would be really fun if we could come play for your church sometime...we love getting to worship with other congregations and for retreats and what not. What church do you go to??
Your tree looks beautiful! Karen
That is a good looking tree.
Revitol Hair Removal
Post a Comment