
Tonight was the yearly Thanksgiving dinner at the church. I always love this dinner, for many reasons. One, I love the idea of being with family, all sitting at the same table, eating and talking together. Not that we don't do that anyway, but not nearly as often as we should. Another thing I love about this dinner is the music. I must say, I was a little let down by the music this year, however it still moved me. I always have to fight back tears as I sit there singing with my husband and kids, songs thanking the Lord for all we have. I also love the automatic reflection that is triggered by the whole experience. I sit there and think of how blessed I am to have my best friend as my partner for life. I am blessed to have two girls, who in my mind define "beautiful" in every since of the word. And I am blessed to have loving family surrounding us in every direction. My heart overflows with love and happiness when I think of all that we are blessed with. What a great night to celebrate!
Morgan insisted that I take her picture next to
these ugly blue mats!
Then she made Makinley do it, but Makinley said she wasn't going to smile because she thought it was goofy too!




No comments:
Post a Comment