Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mi casa

How's that for being bilingual?!?! Today I am so thankful for my house! We have lived here for 3 years now and I absolutely love our house. When we bought it, it was hideous! It had mauve carpet everywhere and navy/mauve wallpaper in the kitchen and the master bath. Luckily we could see past all of that and had confidence that we could make this our home. We had all of the floors replaced before we moved in and since then I have repainted or wallpapered every room, except the guest room. (Thankfully the walls are white in there, not my choice, but tolerable!)
There are still things that I want to do, but I feel that what we have done, reflects who we are and what we believe in. Our house is very warm and cozy on days like today, when all you want to do is sit on the couch and wrap up in a blanket. It is bright and airy in the summer when the sun radiates through all of the blinds as the kids run in and out of the backdoor. It is fun and lively when we have friends over to socialize and giggles pour down from the playroom as our kids enjoy their own space. Our house is a happy place and I am so thankful that we have been blessed with it!

1 comment:

Momma Jean said...

Obviously you are ready for Christmas! I bet your house looks like a winter wonderland!!!