I have no pictures of this Christmas and I am sure that I will get an ear full from G! Somehow we got out the door without the camera this round, but none the less, it was still a great night!
We had soup and baked potatoes, which was a perfect way to keep warm on such a cold night. The best part of it all was that our whole family was able to be in one room. I know that my Grandparents love that, but I think we all appreciate it more the older we get. There is just something to be said for a group of people who are only together once or twice a year, but can pick up where they left off the minute they are in the same room. For this I feel very blessed. We are spread from here to ....China(literally) but if you walked in the room you would think we were together all the time. I know this has to make my grandparents proud, or at least it should. They did a good job with all of us!
So once dinner was done it was once again time for gifts! The kids opened theirs first and got mostly clothes which was awesome since they hadn't gotten a whole lot of that. We all opened gifts from G and Grandad, then they opened the ones from us. I was very excited about our gifts to them. Corey and I LOVE good sheets! We feel like it can make your day better if you sleep on high thread count sheets! So this year we gave the gift of comfort! Sheets are something that I knew my grandparents would never buy for themselves(most people don't, just us:)). So I was so glad that they were just as happy with the gift that was picked out especially for them.
The rest of the night was spent with the adults Chinese gift exchange and the Cowboy game.
What another wonderful night spent with family. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment