Well, we got to experience our first required Science fair. I would just like to apologize to all those poor 1st graders who were made to do the Science fair when I was their teacher. Even though it was not my requirement...what were we thinking?!?!? Those poor little kids, how did we expect them to get the supplies and do a project when half the time they were tucking themselves into bed? UGH!
Anyway, as you can tell I don't love Science fair! It just seems like a really long way to explain something that could take, um.....2 minutes! But we had to do it so thanks to Mrs. Riggins, the best Science Strategist ever, we decided to test dog food. We did a trial where we offered our 2 crazy dogs the choice of 3 kinds of food for 9 feeding times and then recorded which one they chose. The 3 foods were all of different price ranges. One was $1, on was in the $6 range, and the third was about $9. Makinley labeled bowls, scooped food, and recorded her info in a journal for a week. In the end our dogs liked the mid-range dog food the best.
The project was due the Tuesday after Christmas break and I will say she had hers done and ready to go Sunday night! (This helped with the anxiety of going back to school, something to look forward to!) So She turned it in and that night the "Science Fair Fairy" came and judged the projects to see which ones would be entered into the Campus Science fair. No surprise to me, Makinley made the cut! However the next night when it was time for District judging, she didn't make it. No biggie, I figure it's pretty good to make it to campus level on the first try! I am very proud of her, she worked very hard!


2 comments:
Good job, Makinley!!!
I remember those days. Good job everyone! MeMe
Post a Comment