Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Own Christmas

A few nights before Christmas Corey and I decided to exchange gifts with the girls. I know, I know, we get grief all the time for not waiting until Christams day, but we have our reasons!First of all, we are NOT good about keeping gifts in this house! I was impressed that we made it until the week of Christmas. (Corey had already told me what he was getting me so that was why I could hold him off...he had no big secrets!) The other reason is we want them to enjoy what we give them and it not get overshadowed by what Santa brings and all the other gifts they get.
A funny story: We had decided to get Makinley an iPod touch and then he ordered me one too. The girls didn't know that I knew I was getting an iPod so Corey showed it to them in secret when it got here. A few days later Makinley asked me what we were giving Corey. I told her it was too big of a secret and she didn't want to know. She continued to press so I finally told her I got him the same thing. Her mouth nearly hit the ground! She started laughing uncontrollably. I asked her what was so funny and her response was, "Nothing, let's just say Christmas morning is going to be very intereesting!" I had to laugh a little inside knowing she was about to bust! She never told either one of our "secrets" though. Good Girl! Imagine her surprise on Christmas morning when she opened her own iPod! She was shocked to say the least. She also got Wii Resort which I think was just as exciting to her. Morgan got a Loving Family Doll house with all the furniture. It is very cool and we had a blast decorating it together:) You know I love organizing and decorating! It's theraputic! She also got a Storybook Wii game.















The girls also took a trip to Santa's Secret shop at Makinley's school to purchase gifts for Corey and I. Morgan gave me a coffee mug and Corey a baseball clock. Makinley gave me a teddybear figure and Corey a business card holder. Everything they picked out was very special because they were so proud of finding the perfect thing for each of us. They were just as excited about giving us our things as we were to give them theirs. What a fun night together, just the four of us!

No comments: