That night was the Christmas and candles service at church. That is one of my absolute favorite things at Christmas time! There are so many emotions that are brought up while standing in the candle-lite sacutary, filled with the sounds of Christmas. Thoughts of those who are not with us any more, all the blessings that we have, what the upcoming year holds, the sacrifice that God made for us, it goes on and on. In addition, my eyes fill with tears everytime I look at my girls holding their candles and singing Silent Night! I don't know what it is, but it melts my heart and makes me so incredibly proud of them. I am thankful everyday for the family and religous believes that have been passed down to me and now to my children. I consider myself very fortunate to have been raised in church and understanding the true meaning of Christmas. The Christmas Eve service warms my heart and washes away all of the stress that the holidays can bring in the days prior to it's arrival. I am so thankful for it each year!
After the service we were having Christmas at our house with Karen and Johnny, Kelly and Lindsey, Nana and Dad, Bruce, and Ronnnie and Chantel and their kids. Well, the weather continued to decline throghout the day and even going to the Candlelight service, it was slick. Ronnie and Chantel live in Midlothian and while they attempted to get here, it just was too dangerous. So our Chirstmas party got a lot smaller without them and Bruce, but at least everyone was safe!
We went ahead and did our "gift" exchange, which is a dollar gift for everyone. The big hit this year was the "WOW", that would be the dollar store version of the Sham-WOW! I think each man left with 2 or 3 of those:)
After eveyone left we put out our cookies for Santa and some hot chocolate and hit the bed. There was more snow in the forcast so we couldn't wait to see what it would look like outside on Christams!


1 comment:
The Christmas Eve service is wonderful. I thought this year was especially nice. The snow added a special thrill and to all be together at church felt warm and right. I have to admit I try not to show my teary eyes too. How blessed I am to have so many loved ones surround me. From Dad at 85 to Morgan at 5. All at church celebrating Christ birth. Truly a blessing. MeMe
Post a Comment