Saturday, January 9, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Christmas morning is always such a fun time! I remember the excitement of seeing what Santa had left so neatly arranged in the living room! Makinley and Morgan showed up in our room at 7:45 begging us to get up. Now, we aren't fast movers in the morning around here, but on Christmas, it's only fair to drag ourselves out of the bed. I figure it fair since they have to come down the stairs, through the same room that Santa leaves presents, and they don't stop and dig in without us, they come in and wait for us to examine everything together.
They were very excited to find tall jewelry boxes Wii games, DS games, a scooter, a basketball, a hoodie, a pink frilly skirt, and many other things. Makinley did get a new Bible so she read us the Christmas story out of Luke while we all sat together.























Then it was outside for everyone! Now I know that our snow can't hold a candle to the snow up north, but look how much we got! Again, how often do we see this much snow? Much less on Christmas! (If my friend Meredith is reading this in Ohio, I'm sure whe is rolling her eyes!)
I think the girls were just as excited to go back out and play in the snow as they were to play with their new stuff. I guess they knew the stuff would always be ther, but not the snow!

2 comments:

Havard Family said...

I saw Morgan on Fri @ Moseley. It was funny because she kept looking at me and I said "do you remember me from daycare" and she was like "yep!" ;)

Sandra Guntorius said...

They didn't wake till 7:45 wow. I had to talk Austin in to waiting till 5:30 he was up at 5:00. I love your snow pictures, too cute.