This is Yoda. He is the latest addition to the Eddlemon Zoo. He is a Leopard Gecko. Part of the problem with Yoda fitting in at his previous residence was that no one enjoyed feeding him live crickets. I have to admit, the crickets are gross. They stink, they have to have their own cage, you have to feed them. It's just wierd feeding something to keep it alive, and then sending it on the death march in order to provide nourishment for another living thing. So, I have changed that! Yoda doesn't eat live crickets anymore! He gets Can 'o Crickets! This would be a can of wet, dead crickets, that require no mantiance. (They kind of look like a can of black olives) The only thing is that we have to feed them TO him. So every night before I go to bed I bust out the Can 'o Crickets and feed him with chop sticks! Not a bad deal! He's is actually really easy to take care of and everyone enjoys watching him, so he has fit right in. So even though I wouldn't have chosen a lizard for the Eddlemon Zoo, he has proven to be pretty cool to have around:)
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Return to Sender
This is Yoda. He is the latest addition to the Eddlemon Zoo. He is a Leopard Gecko. Part of the problem with Yoda fitting in at his previous residence was that no one enjoyed feeding him live crickets. I have to admit, the crickets are gross. They stink, they have to have their own cage, you have to feed them. It's just wierd feeding something to keep it alive, and then sending it on the death march in order to provide nourishment for another living thing. So, I have changed that! Yoda doesn't eat live crickets anymore! He gets Can 'o Crickets! This would be a can of wet, dead crickets, that require no mantiance. (They kind of look like a can of black olives) The only thing is that we have to feed them TO him. So every night before I go to bed I bust out the Can 'o Crickets and feed him with chop sticks! Not a bad deal! He's is actually really easy to take care of and everyone enjoys watching him, so he has fit right in. So even though I wouldn't have chosen a lizard for the Eddlemon Zoo, he has proven to be pretty cool to have around:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm jealous. We had a couple of some sort of lizard when the boys were little. They never seemed to live. But we never handed them their food either. Hmmmmmm could be the problem. MeMe
Post a Comment