Did I mention that I am the coach?! Yeah!
Well, we had 3 practices before the 1st game and they were pretty...scary! Not too many of the girls could even hit the bastket the first night, so I was a little worried. However, our game brought the best out in all of them! We were actually ahead most of the game but ended up falling behind in the 4th quarter. I know you're thinking, "Upward doesn't keep score" but they do in 3rd and 4th grade:) (You know I would know the score regardless!) Anyways I was extreamly proud of all of them, especially Makinley! She is quite the defensive player! Infact, each week each girl gets a star for their abilities in that game and Makinley got the Best Defense star! She did great on offense too and even put some points on the board! I was so proud!
As for the coach...there was some tension! It is so intense to turn them lose on the court when we haven't been able to practice whole court yet! I spent a lot of time directing traffic from the sideline! "Girls, it's their ball get back", Girls it's our ball someone go throw it in", "Girls stay with your girl". Whew, I was beat when it was over and had to come home and take a nap! And to think, we get to do it all again this Saturday, (not to mention we have a double header!). Gotta love it!


1 comment:
I love watching you play. This week when you played the double header you all did so much better. You were awesome at covering your girl! And you took some passes and had a couple of good shots at the basket. You must have a good coach. Can't wait to see how you do again this week. Love you, MeMe
Post a Comment